[Pmwiki-users] Editing long pages

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Oct 27 23:02:21 CDT 2004

On Thursday, 28 October 2004 2:51 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>> So I'm going to write a PITS that proposes:
>> a. add ____ to the PmWiki 2 core
>> b. support, but deprecate, (:breakpage:)
>> c. Edit Page edits Group/Page?action=edit&p=n
>> d. Save takes you to Group/Page?p=n
>> e. I think the chunk edited should start with ____
>> Comments?
>
>Just a few off-the-cuff remarks:
>Along with that, be careful with the ?p=n component--you have to be
>sure to handle the case where someone else has added or removed ____'s
>from the page while you're editing one of the chunks.  :-)
>
>Pm

Well I had vaguely thought, insofar as I had thought at all, that
it would go like this:
- get a page and break it into pre-chunk, chunk, post-chunk
- author edits chunk and presses post
- assemble pre-chunk, new chunk, post-chunk
- give it to PmWiki, which thinks it's just another edited page
- PmWiki figures out any other edits and deals with them
  in its usual no worries way and it's not my problem
- modify preview so that it only shows new chunk, but
  remembers pre-chunk and post-chunk

Do I perhaps hear an 'It's Not That Simple, You Are About To
Fall Into Grimpen Mire, Turn Back Before It's Too Late'?

--
JR