[Pmwiki-users] Re: Categories instead of hierarchies?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Wed Oct 27 00:37:23 CDT 2004

John Rankin <john.rankin <at> affinity.co.nz> writes:

> Only if we consider changing [[~scott]] to [[P:scott]]
> as someone (no names, no pack drill) commented very recently:
> "Indeed, anything else would spoil good consistency."

Just as an remark (_not_ as an implementation proposal):
in one of the pmwiki I use for Configuration-management in the office
I'm using other markups like
  "CI:configurationitem"
  "KO:contact" (from the german KontakT)
  "PITS:problememtry"
etc
All are generating links to certain groups (like [[~Contact]]

First it's quicker to write and I can filter it better. And the users got used
to it better than some ~ ! ... link-markups.

(But please: that's just an remark.)

Knut