[Pmwiki-users] searchresult-page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Oct 26 13:44:32 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:10:48PM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> pmwiki v2 develop17:
>
> if I want to use the fmt= or list= parameters on the searchlist-page
> (Main.Search or my own as an expansion of the main search box in the
> header) where do I have to specify these ?
>
> I tried this on the markup within the page (:searchresult list=normal:) but
> this gives a different result  (more pages) then using simply
> (:searchresult:) which gives the right results.

Have you added any entries to the $SearchPatterns['default'] array in a
local config, or are you saying that (:searchresult list=normal:) gives
more pages than plain (:searchresult:) on a clean install?  If a clean
install, could you demo it on the pmwiki.org site somewhere...?

> Do I have to put the additional parameters in the query-string in the
> search-form ? if yes: how ?

List= and fmt= (and all of the other listing options) can go in the query
string, as hidden elements in (:searchbox:), or as parameters to
(:searchresults:).  I suspect the common place to put them is in
the (:searchresults:) tag on the SearchWiki page.