[Pmwiki-users] RE: conclusion on catagories ?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Mon Oct 25 13:08:12 CDT 2004

At 18:14 25.10.2004, Stefan wrote:
>As crazy as this may sound, please consider the following and tell me if
>you can find a technical possibility to achieve this with what we have and
>what we have discussed so far on the *Category* and *Hierarchy* topics.
>
>* As much as I would like to have this particular one working, just think
>of it as an applied example for a concept that could be applied to any
>other type of information (being projects or soccer teams ...)
>
>----
>
>The Objective would be to:  Wikify all emails for 1 mailbox, categorize
>them and explore them by From, Subject and Date starting with From,
>Subject or Date category/group

I think that's not crazy, I thought to use pmwiki for this too - and for
bookmarks exported from a webbrowser's bookmark file. There may be more
efficient tools to do this, but I would like to have one technology for
using *all* my data in one place. Cause it will only be my mails, I won't
need a "professional" fast mailarchive. I can easyly add categories of my
own and using scripts to do this.

>Steps:
>
>- have POP3toWiki or Mbx2Wiki, etc, script run and create text files to be
>saved in a wiki
>
>- have html's and attachments saved as, well ..., wiki attachments :)
>
>- have the messages categorized and all category links added automatically
>to pages
>
>- use wiki (email group) search or browse by category (starting with any
>of the categories from/subject/date at the top)

and possibly adding a function to respond to these mails via the smtp-api
of php ...

even implementing threads should be possible with the category-feature.

Knut