SV: [Pmwiki-users] Comments style (was: section edits)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 25 12:29:06 CDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 11:58:20AM +0200, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:
> I would really like a feature that enables comments and I think they
> should be on separate pages (though this may be configurable?).

Comments are definitely coming (I need them also), but how they'll be
organized is still an open question.  It could be that the comments
are added to the current page, to a separate "comments" page, or to a
sequence of separate "comments" pages.  Suggestions?

> Comments could take either a blog style, having all comments on one
> page in date order, or a sort of 'email-discussion-thread-archive' style,
> one comment on each page and allowing comments to grow into linear and
> bifurcating threads. The wiki-trail style would be somewhere in between,
> I guess (having only one thread and not allowing for bifurcations).

I'm planning to do blog-style initially, if only because managing threads
is a real pain.  Then there's the question of showing most-recent-posts
first or last.  :-)

Finally, does anyone know of a particular rendering style for comments
that seems especially good or useful?  Here I'm referring to the way
comments are displayed on an output page, and as with most things PmWiki,
I prefer simpler displays to complex ones.