[Pmwiki-users] Idea for overview of protected pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 25 11:33:55 CDT 2004

In the "catching up on old emails" department...

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 08:15:46PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> Background: I recently had some problems with a forgotten password for a
> wiki page.
> Would it be convenient if some action could create a list of pages in a
> group together with their access rights? I was thinking the result could
> be something like this:
> 	Page		Read	Edit	Admin
> 	SomePage
> 	AnotherPage		x	x
> 	FinalPage	x	x	x
> where the 'x' would indicate that the corresponding page has that kind of
> password protection.

Would it be okay to put this feature into the ?action=refcount script?
It's already displaying a list of pages anyway.

Or, this could be done as a special "fmt=" parameter to (:pagelist:)
and (:searchlist:), although there's not yet a filter that says "show me
only the protected pages".

> >From the point of view of keeping data private, this kind of overview
> could be very useful. There are some open questions of course...
> * Should you have to give an 'admin' password to do this?
> * Should anyone be able to see which pages are protected? And how?

And yes, these are open questions.

Maybe this feature deserves a PITS entry where it can be discussed over
a longer timeframe and voted upon.