[Pmwiki-users] Re: any conclusion on catagories ?

chr@home.se chr
Sat Oct 23 04:57:27 CDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 11:55:25PM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:

> The key aspects of building a category are:
> 1.  On every page that belongs to a category "XYZ", create a link on
>     that page to [[Category/XYZ]].

Would [[Category.XYZ]] work? I ask because I can see a point in letting
the link be more explicit in showing that this is a link to a category.
Otherwise you'd have to write something like:
	Categories: [[Category/XYZ]], [[Category/BlahOoopie]]

> 2.  Then, to see a list of all of the pages that belong to category XYZ,
>     simply do a search to list all pages that have links to the
>     Category.XYZ page.
>
> PmWiki 2 makes this second step incredibly simple, since you can get easily
> generate a list of all pages with links to Category.XYZ by doing
>
>     (:pagelist Category.XYZ:)

Hmm... will this list all pages that *links* to Category.XYZ, or to all
pages that contain the text "Category.XYZ"?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr