[Pmwiki-users] Re: Page tree with minimal syntax -- some problems

chr@home.se chr
Thu Oct 21 14:22:17 CDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > Ok... so [[<parent>/<parent>]] would always be interpreted as simply
> > simply [[/<parent>]]? Or do you mean as [[<parent>]]?
>
> Well, I'm not sure the leading slash has been established yet.  I
> think I'm at the point where I need to see everything summarized in
> a single place.

That's what I hoped to start with my minimal syntax :-)

> http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Development/HierarchicalSyntax
> On this page let's keep the explanations short and simple--more like
> a reference than a complete guide.

Sounds good to me. A question though... you write
	use dots (.) to separate components in names of pages,

I wonder if that is an absolute requirement? To me it seems easier to
start with using '/' for component separation, and *then* see how this
could be made to work with using '.'.

(The purpose of the distinction between '.' and '/' is that the former
shows the entire path, whereas the latter only shows the last component).

/Christian

PS. I created two more pages:
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Development/HierarchicalSyntaxRequirements
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Development/HierarchicalSyntaxAnnotation

for discussing the requirements and general annotations.

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr