[Pmwiki-users] Why heirarchy?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Oct 19 10:39:16 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:30:32AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> > So the following doesn't work for you why?
> > Multimedia
> > MultimediaSound
> > MultimediaSoundOSS
> > [...]
> > FileSystemsPseudo
> > FileSystemsPseudoProc
> > FileSystemsPseudoTmpfs
>
> because i want the freedom to arbitrarily restructure the hierarchy if
> i decide i didn't like its original design.

Umm, I'm not clear--how exactly does the structure that Scott proposed
restrict your freedom to restructure the hierarchy...?

> i want the
> convenience of really short link names if i'm just linking to a
> sibling page.

The above doesn't appear remove this convenience--linking to sibling
pages is still a short link name.  Or can you give an example of where
linking to a sibling page wouldn't be a short link name in the above
(and how you would expect the markup to be different in a hierarchical
scheme)?

*Short* answers if possible, please--I don't need a long explanation
(or if I do end up needing one, I'll ask for it).