[Pmwiki-users] Ignoring variables in a template file

Val Sharp val
Tue Oct 19 08:45:21 CDT 2004

I'm trying to give the appearance of a sub-level of groups, in the
form of breadcrumb links.

Try 1 involves the use of javascript in my template, and what I want
is to compare the value of variable $DefaultTitle with the string
"$DefaultTitle"

    if ('$DefaultTitle' != '$DefaultTitle') ...etc

Trouble is, when the template's parsed, both are converted to the
value of the variable. Is there a way to stop the second instance
being parsed?

See a rough idea of how it should work at
<http://cgi.davemaclaren.plus.com/valsharp/pmwiki.php/Articles/DynamicAccessToCSS>

(Try 2 involved putting the same sort of code as PHP in config.php,
but it failed because at that point some of the variables are
undefined. Maybe I'll find another way once I'm more familiar with
Pmwiki  :-)

--
Best regards,
Val Sharp - Edinburgh