[Pmwiki-users] Re: moving pmwiki to new server

Gunnar Wagenknecht g.wagenknecht
Tue Oct 19 03:15:09 CDT 2004

Edward Chadwick <edward.chadwick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to move an existing PmWiki installation to a new server, on
> which I don't have root access, and which doesn't allow setting gid
> permissions. In the new location, the directories have the wrong owner
> (ie. me instead of the server id, nobody).

If you are the owner of the files you should be able to change the ownership
or the read/write flags for user/group/others. However, I don't suggest
making the files world writable. Did you ask the server admin? It seems like
a specific server issue. Maybe the server should run with your user id?

Cu, Gunnar