[Pmwiki-users] suggestions for the new documentation structure

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 18 09:45:15 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 11:27:47AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> actually, i think we're agreeing here.  the outline i posted recently
> has a fairly early section on installation, but i was imagining a
> *very* brief section, just enough to get the wiki up and running,
> that's it, so that a user could keep going and start adding content.

*sigh*, there's "user" again--you mean "so that an administrator could
keep going...".  Where do authors start?

> p.s.  if you want, you can start a PmWiki2 group over at pmwiki.org,
> and a ToC page, and i'd be happy to put up just the basic outline
> under that (not the actual content, just the section and subsection
> headings) and we can keep arguing ... uh, negotiating. :-)

No need to start a new group -- just work in the PmWiki group directly,
the whole of PmWiki 2 documentation is a work in progress already.  You
can either modify DocumentationIndex directly, or you can start
"AdministratorGuide" and "AuthorGuide" pages or whatever you think
appropriate.  It'll all get threshed out as we near an official release
anyway.