[Pmwiki-users] can i get a "live" sidebar? / conversion script

Knut Alboldt mailing
Fri Oct 15 11:13:28 CDT 2004

At 14:43 15.10.2004, Pm wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:36:17AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   what i'd *really* like is a live sidebar that collapses and expands
> > to keep up with my current location in the group.
>
>In PmWiki 1, take a look at the Trail2Menu recipe by Niall Durham -- it
>does a lot of what you want.
>
>I don't think there's an equivalent recipe for PmWiki 2 yet; I have plans
>to write one if nobody else does but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm just on the way to migrate pmwiki 1 to 2 (*1)

I'm using "living sidebars" using "my" recipe
(http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IfGroup) in version 1. This gives the
possibility to expand / collapse the sidebar according to the group (but
not within the pagename - yet)
To implement in v2 this I want to use the new "if"-tag (see my question in
former mailings) cause it makes more sense to me to use existing functions
(e.g. [:if $Group=="somegroup":] rather then inventing new (=ifgroup
somegroup) , but I didn't found out how I can use it (what is the syntax /
parameters / variables i can use ?). Still working on some analysis of
pmwiki.php / stdmarkup.php to find this out ...

concerning conversion:
the conversion script runs well for me, I even added some more translations
for own tag-implementation, which also runs fine. And another one for the
"Edit:Group.Page" intermap-entry.

Is there already (or is it planned) a script for complete site-conversion
we could used after testing, so there's no need to run two wiki.d-dirs ?

Knut