[Pmwiki-users] Re: New Glitch

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Oct 13 12:27:02 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 10:28:19AM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
>    When  I  use  Attach:image.gif in a sidebar, it works ok for that page
>    (eg. I upload the image, then it displays the image).
>    After I click to view a different page, the sidebar no longer displays
>    the  image,  instead showing me a link, as if to offer me to upload it
>    again.
>    One  work  around  for  this would be to specify the url of the image,
>    that way it should render correctly no matter what page you are on.
>
>    Is this a bug, or a short-coming?

Probably a shortcoming.  By default, attachments are group-specific,
so if you upload a page to a sidebar from one group and then jump to
a page in another group, it won't find the attachment.  It's just another
of those weird group interactions that hasn't come up before.

There's a good argument to be made that Attach:-links and page links(!)
should be relative to the page containing the link (as opposed to the
larger page currently being displayed), but historically PmWiki hasn't
worked that way.  It probably isn't hard for me to change the behavior,
but I'd want to hear some other opinions about it first.