[Pmwiki-users] v2 search behaviour

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Oct 7 15:45:20 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 6 October 2004 10:20 AM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
>In PmWiki 1, it was possible to configure search to display the
>search results in the current page, with a SearchQuickReference
>page displayed below. This avoids a change of group.page,
>especially useful if the search is set by default to look only
>in the current group. It makes Search behave more like Edit and
>Upload.
>
>Does PmWiki 2 support this approach and if so, how do I go about it?

Ah -- it's even easier in PmWiki 2 than in PmWIki 1!

A simple HandleSearch function and action=search can print out

    markup:[:searchresults:]
    wiki:PmWiki/SearchQuickReference

IMHO this looks much tidier than jumping to a SearchWiki page.

Any chance of having global variables for the search group, incl
and excl strings, so one can change the heading to (eg)

    Results of searching 'haystack' for 'needle'

And it offers an alternative answer to Steven Leite's question:

How can I change the Title of the page?  When I perform a search, the
results are displayed on a page called Main / SearchWiki.  I'd rather
change the results page to Main / SearchResults.

-S

by printing

    markup:!!Search Results
    markup:[:searchresults:]