[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Acrobatics while typing [:...:] and math markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Oct 3 20:41:39 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 03:06:25AM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > > Or is line continuation not allowed inside directives?
> >
> > I haven't considered the possibility of line continuations within directives
> > yet.  But the pattern as written above wouldn't handle it (but could
> > probably be made to do so).
>
> I'm not sure we really need line continuation within directives, although
> I do know that I've used them for links. OTOH, a user might wonder why '\'
> works everywhere but in directives.

Well, '\' does work in directives as it presently stands--it's just that
the $ROSPattern I gave wouldn't detect a directive that crossed multiple
lines.  (One could add a "s" to the end of the pattern string and it'd
probably work.)