[Pmwiki-users] Re: external links in page history

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 29 12:22:30 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:40:52AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:18:08AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> >
> > In an environment where the admin also controls the server (my situation) I
> > would be inclined to have 4 levels of control:
> > 1) prevent posting of certain URIs
> > 2) prevent posting from certain IPs or IP blocks
> > 3) redirect all traffic from certain IPs or IP blocks to a page that tells
> > them they have been banned with a form available for registering appeals
>
> The blocklist.php script I'm currently writing supports all three of
> the above.

And blocklist.php is now available at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Blocklist.  I've already activated it
on the pmwiki.org site -- we'll see how effective it is.

Questions, comments, suggestions welcome.