[Pmwiki-users] Pmwiki stores data where?

John Feezell JohnFeezell
Thu Nov 18 17:08:33 CST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 06:29:40 +0800, Haroon Khalid <scuzzo84 at bsdmail.com>
wrote:

> Im going to setup a server with a few wiki sites, I know from my pmwiki
> site, it doesnt require a database, just php, so where exactly is the
> data stored? I host my sites in the users home dir.
>
> Example: xyz.abc.com is stored in /usr/home/abc and 123.sss.com is
> stored in /usr/home/123

The default location for the data is the wiki.d directory.  This directory
is created by PmWiki at the time of installation.  A directory with this
name is used for the main site and within each wiki farm site.

In the above case, the directory would be created as follows:
/usr/home/abc/wiki.d and /usr/home/123/wiki.d

assuming that each site is an independent site and not part of a wiki farm
and
that PmWiki was installed in /usr/home/abc and /usr/home/123.

If the setup is using the PmWiki farm concept, then PmWiki would be
installed on just the main site.  But both the main site and the individual
farms would have wiki.d directories where the individual pages would be
stored.

There is more information on the setup in the documentation for PmWiki.

/JF