[Pmwiki-users] Re: pmwiki-mode and passwords

chr@home.se chr
Sun Nov 14 06:24:26 CST 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David Kulp wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2004, at 3:50 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, David Kulp wrote:
> >
> >> I have a global edit password and a read password for a group.
> >> pmwiki-mode isn't happy.

Hmm.. I've thought a bit about this, and it actually feels like the proper
solution should be to use the edit password for read operations as well...

I'll send an e-mail to the list and ask about that.

Let me know if you think modifying pmwiki according to that strategy is a
bad idea. If so, also let me know how you'd like to specify both the read
password and the edit password (you can't specify both in the URI).

One solution could be to have one set of URI-transformations that apply
for read operations, and one set that apply for edit operations (and not
maintain a copy of the password in the buffer). This feels a bit clunky
however.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr