[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.devel26 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Nov 12 19:29:43 CST 2004

[I'm resending this announcement to test the listserv.  Apologies if
anyone is receiving it twice.  --Pm]

This is just a brief message to bring people up to date with the
latest happenings in PmWiki 2.0 development.  I've just released
pmwiki-2.0.devel26, which has more improved support for site
conversion and (except for documentation) is getting quite close
to being an official release.  The latest version is running
at http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php.

Also, many thanks to Knut Alboldt, Pierre Rouzeau, and Karl Loncarek
for their contributions to creating/editing the PmWiki 2 documentation
pages.

Some highlights of the recent devel releases:

* RSS and RDF support are now in the 2.0.devel distribution

* The 1.0->2.0 migration script has been greatly improved:
    - it's now much easier to configure and use
    - it provides a function to allow bulk copying and conversion of
      pages from an existing 1.x site to be stored in a 2.0 installation
      and use 2.0 markup

* The refcount.php script is again available.  What's more, it's much
  faster than the 1.0 version.

* The url approval feature (scripts/urlapprove.php) can now be password
  protected.

* Handling of non-ASCII characters in urls and attachment filenames is
  fixed.

* The EditQuickReference in page edit forms is back (although I'd be
  very happy if someone could come up with a better design for it).

Soon I expect to be converting the main pmwiki.org site to be running
2.0, and to officially recommend that new installations choose the 2.0
versions over 1.x.

Any help in reporting and fixing bugs in PITS (http://www.pmwiki.org/PITS),
providing feedback or suggestions or voting on the issues listed there, or
especially in contributing to documentation is greatly appreciated.