[Pmwiki-users] FmtPageName caching ?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Tue Nov 9 03:28:03 CST 2004

Ciaran and me are working on the PmWikiDraw stuff.

we got one function that is called for every (:drawing:) directive. This
function sets an global var and uses it subsequently in with the FmtPageName to
generate the output. In the format is like "\$myglobalvar".

If we have the (:drawing:) directive twice on a page, the FmtPageName is
processing the substitutions only for the first value set into out $myglobalvar.

I had a short look on the FmtPageName-function and saw a code section that looks
li9ke that the globals are caches unless the number of globals have not been
changed ($GCount). Is this right ?

What would be a solution if I don't change the numbers of globals between two
subsequent FmtPageName-calls but the contents ? Adding a dummy global-var ? Or
just incrementing (global) GCount in our function (I did this as a workaround) ?

Knut