[Pmwiki-users] Custom Markup processing

Neil Vachharajani nvachhar
Mon Nov 8 16:45:55 CST 2004

Hello, I'm new to this list and I'm not sure this is the right place
to ask this question.  So if this is misplaced, please redirect me to
the right place.

I was trying to generate some custom markup, and was excited to see
the easy extension mechanism with the [[ ]] syntax.  My problem is
that if the text replaced by the [[ ]] (when the key in the
$DoubleBrackets array is a regular expression) contains newlines, it
does not get exploded into seperate lines.  Consequently, any further
processing by the pmwiki.php script treats the returned text as a
single line.  This prevents, for example, the custom markup from
returning a bulleted list (using the * bullet notation) and having it
expand out.

I modified pmwiki.php so that it takes a line which has just been
through the $DoubleBrackets processing and re-expands it into seperate
lines and does the remaining pmwiki.php processing on these lines.  Is
there a reason why this is bad or wasn't being done before?  I have
attached a patch, in case my explanation here wasn't clear.

Thanks,
Neil