[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki skinning

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Nov 8 13:57:00 CST 2004

On Tuesday, 9 November 2004 6:53 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:48:17AM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
>> I know that those defaults are there to make it easier for unexperienced
>> skin developers, but the other way round they make it more difficult for
>> people like me who want to heavily modify the default skin
>:).
>
>It's more than that.  Some 'defaults' are there because PmWiki simply
>doesn't work without them -- e.g., the indent/outdent classes for
>indent and outdent text, styles for formatting page history results,
>etc.

I'm still grappling with a related skins issue.
Is there a preferred approach in situations where:

- an action other than 'print' (in my case 'publish')
  uses a print.tmpl

- the script disables the scripts/print.php call

- other customisations may load after the script and
  overwrite the template setting, so you get the screen
  template by mistake, instead of the print one

One approach would be:

-  provide an array of actions that invoke the code to
   activate print.tmpl; by default, $PrintActions = array('print');

- separate out of scripts/print.php the piece that activates
  the specified print template

I haven't seen a tidy way to do this as a local customisation.
What am I missing here?

--
JR