[Pmwiki-users] GroupFooter vs. PageFooter

Val Sharp val
Sat Nov 6 05:58:11 CST 2004

I've been going round in circles here trying to figure out how to have
my GroupFooter incorporated into my page template file.

At the moment, a PageFooter can be positioned in the template with the
<!--PageFooterFmt--> directive, but the GroupFooter is automatically
appended to the page content, and cannot be positioned in the same way
as the PageFooterFmt content.

(For instance, on some pages I have my wikitrails in a GroupFooter,
and I'd like to position them with the "Page last modified ..." text
at the bottom of the screen. ... see
<http://cgi.davemaclaren.plus.com/valsharp/pmwiki.php/WebDevTips/OddEvenColours>
for an example of what I'm talking about.)

I imagine by now folk will already be depending on the appearance of a
GroupFooter independently of their page templates, though it might
have made more sense for any GroupFooter to be apppended to the
PageFooterFmt variable, rather than to the page content.

So I'm wondering if the only answer to my current need is to set the
$PageFooterFmt variable in the group's config.php to
<<|GroupIndexPage|>>, and use that instead of the automatic
GroupFooter facility?

--
Best regards,
Val