[Pmwiki-users] wikistyles and blocks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Nov 3 08:01:01 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:21:12PM +0100, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> As far as I understand a wikistyle can now (v2) used for blocks as well
> (%block .....%). And that block can be a list with sublists included.

In addition to %block%, there is also %item%, %list%, and %p%.
So, if you want to apply a style to a single list item rather than
the entire block, you would do:

   * %item color=red% item 1
   * item 2
   ** item 2.1
   ** item 2.2
   * item 3

This is as opposed to

   * %block color=red% item 1
   * item 2
   ** item 2.1
   ** item 2.2
   * item 3

In the first example, only item 1 is colored red.  In the second example,
all of the items in the block (the list) are colored red.

> * item 1
> ** item 1.1
> --> %newblockstyle% indent
> --> more indent
> ** item 1.3
> ** item 1.3
> * item 2
>
> all text until item 2 (excluded) are styled with newstyle. So how can I
> reduce styling with newstyle e.g. only for the indented sections ?

We might need to introduce a %div% or %indent% markup for this to style just
the divs and not the enclosing <dl>'s.  You can
actually add this in a local customization by doing:

   $WikiStyleApply['div'] = 'div';
or
   $WikiStyleApply['indent'] = 'div';