[Pmwiki-users] Editing long pages

John Rankin john.rankin
Tue Nov 2 13:39:26 CST 2004

On Friday, 29 October 2004 11:21 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 10:56:51AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
>> This was precisely what I had intended. I envisaged that the ____
>> markup would insert an 'Edit Page n' link at the top of the displayed
>> page. I thought it ought to be 'really easy' but hadn't looked at
>> the implementation details. The 'Edit Page n' link would set the
>> p= prechunk and postchunk; and we test whether p is set if action
>> =edit. Something like that...
>
>Yeah, I'm thinking that even easier is to give every edit form both
>"prechunk" and "postchunk" attributes which are always processed
>when posting the data--for editing a whole page (i.e., no p= attribute
>supplied) the prechunk and postchunk values are simply set to null and
>the full text is placed in the edit box.

Yup. I think I have it working, but it needs more tests.

You get the ability to Edit page n with no effort beyond inserting
the ____ page break markup. Preview previews just the piece being
edited.

What is particularly nice is pmwiki lets me redirect to p=n
after the author presses Save, so you end up on the page you
have been editing.

Amazing.

--
JR