[Pmwiki-users] Skins, revisited

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 1 07:45:35 CST 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 02:47:57PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> One small question:
>
>    Is there a preferred convention for naming and locating a .php file
>    associated with a skin?

I think my preferred location for skin-related .php files is
in the same directory as the other skin files.  Just be sure to put a
"don't execute" pre-amble at the beginning of the script:

   <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
   ## rest of script goes here...

Then someone wanting to load the skin can just do

   include_once('pub/skins/coolblue/coolblue.php');

>    Is this perhaps one of the reasons for the cookbook/ directory?

Yes, this was also one of the reasons I created a separate cookbook/
directory.