[Pmwiki-users] long loading times?

J. Meijer commentgg
Sun May 30 18:57:02 CDT 2004

I've seen comments on long delays before the page appears, something in the
range of 15 seconds. Me too, locally.

I noticed that frequently edited pages load quite a bit more slowly.
Evidently dragging the tail of all diffs along slows things down. Perhaps
frequently used files such as menus are rearranged often and thus grow
bigger and bigger.

So a cut-off on diffs is important but in many ways a pity.

So looking at pmwiki.php I saw the ReadPage function always reading all of
the file instead of aborting when it has sufficient data. I changed it to
read up to the first diff when no diff was necessary: my wiki was like new
:-)

No down-sides.

One could nevertheless care to trim frequently loaded files such as
menus/headers/footers.

-jm