[Pmwiki-users] Letting users know that the author is required

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri May 28 22:23:47 CDT 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 02:00:48PM +1200, Robin wrote:

> When $EnablePostAuthorRequired == 1 and a page is edited, it effectively does
> a preview if the author isn't specified. Is it possible to have something
> different occur there, such as lighting the author field in red, or adding a
> note as to why the edit wasn't accepted?

If you're using the edit page that comes with PmWiki, it does put a
note about why the edit wasn't accepted at the top of the page.

If you've customized $PageEditFmt, then you probably need to include
a reference to $EditMessageFmt somewhere in the output in order to
see the "author name required" part.

If neither of these is the case, let me know and I'll look into it further. :-)