[Pmwiki-users] Sync of local pmwiki with remote pmwiki possible?

Steven Leite steven_leite
Fri May 28 06:53:47 CDT 2004

I'm in the same boat - Slow dial-up, and up-keeping two mirror sites;
well, almost mirror sites.  And yes, I do it exactly like you suggested,
by uploading all the (newer) files in the wiki.d  directory on my local
windows machine, the the unix box on the Internet.  Works fine for me.
Note that this is a one-way process for me.  I construct content on my
local system, and then upload it once.  It usually doesn't get
changed/edited much, and I rarely update pages that I have previously
posted.

A word of caution:  You could run in to problems if you have users
editing some pages, and you are also editing those same pages locally.
Then when you go to upload your change, you'll overwrite your users'
changes.

There was some talk a while back about having a syncronized set of
wiki's, even with document merging in case of edit conflicts, but that
never came to be.  There were a few suggestions, but you'd have to be
very comfortable with programming, unix, etc etc to accomplish them.

That's my two bit's anyways ..

-S