[Pmwiki-users] Sync of local pmwiki with remote pmwiki possible?

Esa.Holmberg ekho
Fri May 28 01:06:01 CDT 2004

Britta  <morepork at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> In other words: is it possible to sync two installations? (keeping
the Unix
> file format intact on the Windows side)

Hi,

I would imagine that it'd be possible to sync the installations with
rsync; I've used that with good results between two linux sites. Rsync
is a remote sync - making sure that changes in files from location A
are copied to B. It does not copy everything in case you have very
large files, but compares the files and copies the differences. Not
exactly sure how, but it works :-)

One prerequisite is that the two systems are (at least nearly) in same
time so the timestamp comparison works.

More information avout rsync can be found on the rsync pages:
http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

Not sure if there already is a Windows version of rsync, but according
to what I have read from the web, rsync can be used with Cygwin, the
unixish environment for Windows.

There can of course be other, better methods.

/Esa