[Pmwiki-users] german docs

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu May 20 19:28:29 CDT 2004

My general approach to the translation of various pages is the
same as the wiki philosophy itself -- let those who are doing the
work of writing decide how it can best be presented/done.  Along with
that, I've generally left the details of organizing language-specific
documentation (including, to some extent, the English documentation)
to anyone who's willing to put forth the effort to write it.

That said, here are some thoughts, for what it's worth-
  - I think it's better for page titles to be written in the
    appropriate language (e.g., PmWikiDe.DokumentationIndex),
  - Translators are very welcome to create group-specific sidebars
    (PmWikiDe/SideBar),
  - I don't think there necessarily has to be a one-to-one
    correspondence between the english version of pages and other
    versions; other structures might be better/more appropriate

Pm