[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Group.Page&edit

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri May 14 08:10:12 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 03:49:10PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > > 	Group.PageName?par=val
> >
> > Enough people have commented on the desire for this sort of syntax
> > that I'm seriously looking into it.  The idea would be that one
> > can do  PageName?action=edit  to get to the edit form for PageName,
> > and PmWiki would do its magic fixing-of-the-URLs for those sites
> > that are stuck with the ?pagename= syntax.
>
> I don't think
> 	PageName?action=edit
> is easier for a newbie compared to
> 	Edit:PageName

But it is more flexible than defining separate Edit:, Diff:, Print:,
Publish:, Search: markups for every action we may have or come up with
in the future.  Also, using an 'Edit:' syntax effectively
takes these names out of the available InterMap space, which may
invite a fair amount of confusion.

OTOH, there's nothing to prevent someone from defining these entries
in localmap.txt:

    Edit     http://yourserver.com/path/to/wiki?pagename=$1&action=edit
    History  http://yourserver.com/path/to/wiki?pagename=$1&action=diff

etc.

The ThisPage:, ThisGroup:, and ThisWiki:  intermap entries were
created expressly for the purpose of eliminating the [[$Edit:...]],
[[$Diff:...]] and other markups that were also a bit confusing and
difficult to work with.