[Pmwiki-users] new link markup format? [[link] text]

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sat May 8 22:44:32 CDT 2004

> > So, alas, it may indeed be "too late in the game".  But I am very
> > interested in adopting a markup along these lines--especially if it
> > ever becomes a part of a unified standard for wiki links.  (Side
> > question: is Wikipedia or other wikis considering/using anything
> > like this?)

> > We *can* create this markup with curly braces instead of
> > square brackets and not result in hardly any conflicts to PmWiki's
> > existing
> > markup.  I just fear that getting the installed PmWiki base to
switch
> > the link syntax may be too much to swallow.  (However, if such a
> > change were to occur, we'd certainly provide tools to automatically
> > convert existing pages to the new markups.)

I really like the idea (of switching to {{..}}) .. but, I've always been
a fan of {{FreeLinks}}, right from the start.  I spent (wasted) a lot of
time and energy trying to swap {{..}} for [[ .. ]] when I first started
using PmWiki because I was not accustomed to the [[FreeLink]] style of
links.

Consider that "one" vote for the change.  I wouldn't have any problem
swallowing that new syntax!

-S