[Pmwiki-users] Password protection

*** Dave Hill dave
Fri May 7 16:24:19 CDT 2004

<Steven>
> Be careful, last time I checked, a simple empty search will show a list
> of all pages.  They may not be viewable, but they will still be listed.
> Best way to find out is try it out for yourself and see.  I'm not sure
> if there's a fix for that or not.

Good point, Steven.  I'd already considered that (and will avoid labeling
pages things like SecretNewsThatSusanIsPregnant, or anything like that). :-)

Upon consideration, going with different groups seems to be the least awkward
way of doing things -- any mistakes I make will simply be broken links, not
"secret" info inadvertently shown (or public info inadvertently hidden).

By the way, Pm,  have to give a big thumbs-up to PmWiki.  After a long
afternoon of trying to get two other very popular and powerful Wikis
installed, the simply astonishing ease of PmWiki's install, and it's faboo
feature set, make it an amazing tool.  Many, many thanks.

*** Dave