[Pmwiki-users] Re: [[include: ... ]] part of a page

Nils Knappmeier nk
Wed May 5 01:02:28 CDT 2004

There is one difficulty that comes to my mind. If someone deletes an anchor,
finding the error will be more difficult in my eyes. Imagine, you look
at a page and it looks completely different than usual, but you find
that nobody changed anything to that page. And on any other page, unless
you look at the markup changes, you won't see a difference as well.

If you have an anchor in page, you won't know, if it is being used by
any includes or references. So you don't know if it is safe to remove an
anchor or not.

I would suggest this:

1) Show anchors in the default page history (not only with the markup
changes)
2a) If an [[include: ]] uses an non-existing anchor, put a warning
message at the top of the included
   content, containing a link to the included page.
2b) Alternative: if .... non-existing anchor, don't ignore the include
(like if the page doesn't exist), but still create a reference to the
included page.
3) Implement a function that looks for unused anchors somehow.

I don't know if (3) is really so serious. It's actually good to have a
lot of anchors. But the same problem
occurs with renaming anchors.

Nils