[Pmwiki-users] PHP-question -- sharing data between invocations

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue May 4 14:37:08 CDT 2004

Hi

I started thinking about performance related to the question of knowing
the names of all wiki pages. Now I wonder if it's possible to share
information between invocations of pmwiki.php. E.g. the first time
pmwiki.php is called, it creates a hash-list with the names of all pages.
The second time pmwiki.php is called, this list is already created. (I
guess this is basically a cache).

One solution could be to write the hash-list to a file on a RAM-drive, but
I wonder if there is some other mechanism that'd allow the variable
(hash-list) to "stay in RAM", so that it's available for the next
invokation.

/Christian