[Pmwiki-users] Open playlists

Nils Knappmeier nk
Tue Mar 30 18:55:59 CST 2004

Hi,

I just wanted to send this to the list and hear what you're thinking:

We (me and a friend) had the idea of creating an open-music-database
somewhere. Then we read about openmusicregistry.com
and decided to take it easy. However, with PmWiki and a few
enhancements, there should be an easy way to mantain such a thing.

The enhancements are:

* Ability to copy a list of mp3-links from the current page to a
wikipage (using a bookmarklet)
* Creation of an m3u-playlist from the mp3/ogg-links given in a wikipage.

That way you can click on a playlist and listen to the streamed music.
And it should be rather easy to copy mp3-links into the wiki.
Since you all now how PmWiki works, I'd like to encourage you to put in
links to music you know there. (At the moment, the thing is almost
completely empty).

Nils

PS: When I have some time, I'll put the enhancements into the cookbook.
But at the moment, they're only living on that page...