[Pmwiki-users] one installation, multiple wikis

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Mar 22 15:10:42 CST 2004

On Tuesday, 23 March 2004 4:16 AM, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
>> there is a working prototype of the wiki farm idea, as described on:
>> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/WikiFarm
>
>Interesting.  I don't like setting the variables on the farm...I'm not
>sure I like having a "farm" installation of the wiki: I was thinking
>all browser-accessible wikis would be fields.  Hrm.

Good point:
- in our case, we need the ability to add fields to an existing wiki
and let people treat the fields like a trail -- so having a farm page
in the 'home' field to control access makes sense for us
- an administrator can set the the list of available fields in
config.php if desired and omit the WikiFarm page
- we chose to keep all the data in one place (which is different from
what you want to do), so we have to set the variable names for the
current field

So what we are doing and what you want to do are a bit different, but
perhaps you can use some of the ideas and experiences.

JR
--
John Rankin