[Pmwiki-users] Re: Include doesn't work in SideBar

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Mar 22 12:11:56 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Feature.  The only place that [[include:]] and its sisters ([[redirect:]],
> etc.) work is in the main body of the text.  This also has impacts
> on the diff and other outputs.

IMHO it's a bug, at least sometimes.

> If you want RecentChanges to occur in the sidebar, try adding
>    <!--wiki:RecentChanges-->
> in the the page template.

I'd prefer the ability to have an include-directive in the sidebar over
having the admin modify a template. The former can be done by any author,
whereas the latter requires an admin.

In general, I prefer that the wiki allows you control the content without
having to involve the admin.

/Christian