[Pmwiki-users] Developer Question

Steven Leite steven_leite
Sun Mar 21 23:07:57 CST 2004

I'm writing an add-on, and I want to pull information from a data file. If I just include the following line of text in my .php file:

$filename = "datafile.txt";
$file_contents = file($filename);

That solves my problem, but I want to do more.  I want the data files to be a WikiPage.

Q:  How can I extract the contents of a WikiPage and send it to my script?

I guess there are two approaches.

One is to directly pull it from the wiki.d directory, but that's kind of messy, especially since there's other information in that file besides just Wiki Text.

The second approach would be to call it from PmWiki, and have it served to the script.  Problem there might be it comes with all the formating from any template file that might exist.  I want just the WikiText, nothing else.

I might want to use a password protected WikiPage as a data-store, employing omma delimited, or pipe delimted data file for example.

Thanks!

Steven Leite