[Pmwiki-users] Cookbook: page table of contents

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Mar 21 18:05:32 CST 2004

See http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/PageTableOfContents

and some examples:
http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/pmwiki.php?pagename=TOC.TOC

It allows you to create a page table of contents from heading or Q: markup using the [[toc]] and [[tocauto]] directives.

With the [[toc]] variant, you control which headings are included by writing:

!!!#Puts an anchor here

!!!!But not here

You can also make the anchors visible with tool tips to tell you the id. The toc can float left or right.

And

!!!#Text with '''wiki markup''' or [[WikiWord a page reference]] appears @@properly@@ in the toc's link text

!!!#you can use `.to truncate very long titles that you don't want to repeat in full in the toc

In the current version, those who wish to use the new {{Group.free link}} option are SOL I'm afraid. This will be fixed in a later release of the scripts.

And a thank you to Christian Ridderstr?m for advice and help with testing and documentation. Any remaining bugs and limitations are my own.
--
JR