[Pmwiki-users] Changing pmwiki URL

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Mar 20 17:43:27 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:35:35PM +0000, Edward Andrews wrote:
> I'm now using mod rewrite to get nice wiki URLs. I'm having a problem with
> getting to the first page though.
>
> Initially I had an index.html page that redirected to
> http:mydomain/Main/HomePage This worked well, until I tried to upload a file.
> At this point I got an error message saying index.html does not have this
> action.
>
> I got round it by changing pmwiki.php to index.php and deleting index.html.
> Everything works like this, but is there a better way?

Usually if you're using mod_rewrite you need to do the following:

   $ScriptUrl = 'http://yourdomain.com/dir/pmwiki.php';
   $PageUrlFmt = 'http://yourdomain.com/$Group/$Title_';
   $PubDirUrl = 'http://yourdomain.com/dir/pub';
   $UploadUrlFmt = 'http://yourdomain.com/dir/uploads';

PmWiki normally determines these values from the URL used to access
pmwiki.php, but using mod_rewrite sometimes makes it difficult to
determine them automatically.