[Pmwiki-users] Suggestion for the sample-config.php

Reimer Behrends behrends
Fri Mar 19 06:29:14 CST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 08:18:31AM -0500, Reimer Behrends wrote:
[...]
> The former. IE displays the page and then throws it away without caching
> it. See:
>
> 	http://lists.over.net/pipermail/mod_gzip/2002-December/006826.html
>
> for all the ugly details.

Sigh. That will teach me to actually read up on what I am writing about
before posting rather than going from memory. Actually, if you read the
article, MSIE will cache the compressed response, but not any
uncompressed ones (which also carry a Vary header). In other words, the
situation is the exact opposite from what I described, but still creates
the same problem of MSIE failing to cache content locally (for instance,
if MSIE is set to use HTTP/1.0 or goes through an HTTP/1.0 cache, where
you cannot request compressed content). In any event, the solution is
the same.

My apologies for the mess that I made of it.

			Reimer Behrends