[Pmwiki-users] Passwords

Richard Burnham severn
Thu Mar 18 06:03:41 CST 2004

I have struggled for some time to apply edit passwords to my test
installation of pmwiki. I find that when I successfully protect the
main page, my password is rejected when I try to edit any of the other
pages.

It may be that I just don't understand the principles of passwords and
the config.php file. Please would it be possible to provide some
illustrative examples relating to specific uses of passwords, as part
of the help?

My intention is to allow free viewing of all pages, editing of most
pages only by myself, but free editing of certain specified pages.

I'm using pmwiki-0.6.9.

Richard Burnham