[Pmwiki-users] Top 10

J. Meijer commentgg
Mon Mar 8 06:53:14 CST 2004

PmWikiTeam, please take note of the following suggestions and questions.

1. A new standard for markup that includes alt-text:
  {{PmWiki }}pages
  {{PmWiki pages}}
  {{PmWiki}{our favorite wiki}}
  {{patrick michaud}{PmWiki author}}
  {{www.patrickmichaud.com}{PmWiki author}}
  {{www.company.com}{http://foo.com/logo.png}{discount for PmWiki users}}
  {{CompanyPages}{image:mylogo.png}{discount for PmWiki users!}}
  {{www.company.com/myoffice.jpg}{Company Headquarters}}
  {{www.foo.com/images/paypal.jpg width=800}{crime of the century}}
  {{image:nopaypal.jpg}{crime of the century}}
  Most of these braces could be optional.
2. Default alt-text for images: I detest marking them up locally, in each
page, it would
  be very nice if I could mark them up *once*, i.e. when I do the upload,
  and then have the option to override it locally using some special markup.
  Something I swear I'll never do!
3. The same request for the associated link-target.
4. Instead of a [[div class=sara]] syntax, I as a new user would expect
  an extension of the ---- horizontal line section separator (with nothing
  emitted):
  ---->sara
    some text with sara's markup
  ---->rebecca
    some text with rebecca's markup
  ---->
    some text with the default markup
  I think a new user would be stimulated to put her name :-)
5. Upon detecting her entry and it being an unknown style a radically
  cool PmWiki should then present her an interactive page allowing
  her to define her style (or request it)... Ok, forget this one.
6. I experimented with internationalization and did a basic one. What I
  missed was an 'english translation', i.e. a set of files that can be taken
  and renamed to the target language and then translated line by line,
  and anything not yet translated would still come up in english, less
  than perfect but perfectly understandable.
7. Page-update through an email containing the new page-text, is it
  possible, how??
8. Is there a simple way to run PmWiki locally under Windows? Then
  I could edit my site locally and simply email page-changes.
9. Why does my browser refuse to view PmWiki pages offline? What a pity!
10. And finally: why does the 'daily digest' come in 4x a day?

Thanks!

Jan