[Pmwiki-users] broken skin switcher links

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Thu Mar 4 17:25:23 CST 2004

Hi folks,

I can't get the skin switcher from Cookbook.SkinChange to work, and I have no
PHP-fu whatsoever.

- running pmwiki 0.6.7 on a UNIX server, Apache 1.3.29, PHP 4.3.4.
- pmwiki url is not changed in any way (it lives in a dir called wiki, not
pmwiki); e.g.
http://arndis.godsong.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=PmWiki.TipsForEditing
- links used to switch skins look like this to the browser:
http://arndis.godsong.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=PmWiki.TipsForEditing?setsk
in=grey
- clicking a skinswitch link produces this error: PmWiki can't process your
request.  'PmWiki.TipsForEditing?setskin=grey' is not a valid PmWiki page name.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- same error whether skin= or setskin= is used.
-the relevant bit of config.php reads:

#skinchanger toy
$PageSkinTemplates = array(
    'cream' => 'pub/skins/arndis/cream-gold.tmpl',
    'grey' => 'pub/skins/arndis/grey-blue.tmpl',
    'plum' => 'pub/skins/arndis/plum-gold.tmpl',
    'sage' => 'pub/skins/arndis/sage-coral.tmpl',
    'boring' => 'pub/skins/boring/boring.tmpl');
  @include_once('local/skinchange.php');

I have an intuition that the problem is the two ?s in the switch skin links, and
would be fixed by using url-prettifying, but I cannot test my theory.
$EnablePathInfo=1 breaks the wiki, and I can't change the server's version of
apache or its httpd.conf.

(I'd like to turn on url-prettifying, but I don't know how to do step 1 using
.htaccess: "the examples below assume that a URL such as
http://www.example.com/wiki is being set to refer to pmwiki.php on the
www.example.com website.")

Anybody have ideas, or can duplicate the problem?

Thanks,
Bronwyn