[Pmwiki-users] Image sizes, alt tags, and more (was: Image display resizing problem)

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Thu Mar 4 06:51:38 CST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 07:04:51PM +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:58:49AM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> > Similar behaviour would be:
> > [[http://www.example.com Example page]]
> >         displays a link with "Example page" as linktext
> > [[http://www.example.com/test.gif Example image]]
> >         displays an image with "Example image" as alttext...
> Bad. A change in behaviour that extreme isn't good, imho.

Hm. Am I the only one who sees the relation between
        http://www.example.com
        [[http://www.example.com Link Text]]

and the image variant (doesn't the docu say urls ending in .gif are
displayed as inline images?):
        http://www.example.com/a.gif
        [[http://www.example.com/a.gif Alt Text]]
?

Of course this is a change in behaviour, but is it bad for users
understanding? Right now the [[http://www.example.com/a.gif Alt Text]]
does not print an inline image like http://www.example.com/a.gif does
and one might expect.

On the other hand you won't be able to simply create textual links to
images then anymore...

     Balu