[Pmwiki-users] %class=something%

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Mar 3 19:13:46 CST 2004

> Andres Yver wrote:
> >how do we define the classes?
>
> Authors don't. This is done by the WikiAdministrator, by creating CSS
> files and placing them in pub/css or pub/skins.

Uhm .. I'm no expert in css .. but, I think that's incorrect.

Anybody can type:  %define=myclass bgcolor=black color=green%

And then proceed to type something like:

%myclass%This is green on black background%%.

Isn't that the same thing?  Sorry if I'm mistaken.

> Building a way for authors to maintain styles could be looked at in the
> future, but I doubt it's a priority now. As for WYSIAWYG editing, it
> makes me shudder, but I guess it's inevitable at some point. ;-)

For more powerful css editing (which attempts to support fully css1 within the limitation of PmWiki) see the cookbook recipe:  Cookbook.ExtendedWikiStylesCSS1

--S