[Pmwiki-users] EnablePathInfo incorrect on Modwest?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Mar 2 17:54:56 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:22:03AM -0500, J. Perkins wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >Yes, the problems with PATH_INFO are occurring with greater frequency,
> >so I'm going to try to completely redesign PmWiki's detection logic in
> >this area.
> >

> Out of curiosity though, why is it that forcing $EnablePathInfo=1 in
> pmwiki.php works, but setting it in my config.php doesn't? I've looked
> over the code and I can't find any reason for this behavior. I really
> don't mind that the detection failed, more that I wasn't able to
> successfully override it.

The reason is that before config.php is ever loaded, pmwiki.php makes its
own guess at the correct value of $EnablePathInfo and uses that guess
to decide if it should try to read the $pagename from PATH_INFO or not.
Sometimes PmWiki guesses wrong, and by the time config.php sets
$EnablePathInfo to 1 we're already past the code that would've set
$pagename.

All of this can be fixed, of course, I just need to do a more
thorough study of the bizarre configurations that exist and build
the logic from there.